Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Possessiveness

With my new mobile in hand, I feel little proud for holding a very sophisticated technology. I felt so attached with it within few days of buying that I can't imagine staying away from it for long time. Same is the case with many of my belongings like my 1yr old LCD TV, my bike and almost all the facilities I acquired in the recent past. They made my life so easy and comfortable. Wow! Thanks to technology.

The reason for writing this post is simple. I see too many gadgets around me that are technically more advanced and provide even better facilities. But I somehow felt the satisfaction of 'owning' the things that I really wanted. May be because I did enough research before deciding what I really wanted.

So far in life, I must say that I am lucky enough to have everything that makes life happy and easy to live.

I was sitting idle last night and thinking about all these things around me and felt a chill inside me. I suddenly remembered 'The Great' whose last wish was to keep his hands out of his coffin before the last rites.

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Who is 'The Great'? Good to see you!

February 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger hari said...

Alexander The Great! Actually he had 3wishes.
1. His coffin should be carried by his doctors. Indication that even doctors cant save you from death.
2. Path to burial ground should be covered with gold/diamonds/...Indication that no wealth will come with you during/after death.
3. Hands out of his coffin. Indication that we come to this earth with empty hands and leave with same.

February 23, 2011 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger AGM-Brain-Group said...

Really good blog at Human –Technologies relationship, but this is applied on every aspect of life.
I mean to say, “Thinks before do anything”.
I have joke for you, Replace one word ‘Mobile’ to ‘wife’ and read loudly …….. hahhahahhahahhah :D

March 9, 2011 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Spiritual Sinner said...

OMG ... You really are interesting . I am always looking for people whom I can discuss my moral and spiritual dilemmas with :)

December 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger hari said...

Welcome Spiritual Sinner!

December 26, 2011 at 3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.