Friday, October 14, 2011

Dennis Ritchie - The Rich!


Huh! I couldn't stop myself from putting this. Dennis Ritchie after Steve Jobs!!!
Having written something about Jobs couple of days back, its not fair on my part if I won't write anything about Dennis.
After all, I started my career(and still continuing) as a C/C++ coder.
It might sound little exaggerated but I want to put it like this-
Dennis helped me earn bread and Jobs made it more tasty.

By the way, if you are wondering about the title('The Rich'), then yes, according to me, he is the richest man in this world.
Ever wondered why computers expanded(read it exploded) as much as they did in last few decades? The immediate answer might be beautiful, user-friendly and easy-to-use graphical interface between the electronic and human world. But the base on which this interface stands, is the operating system - Unix, that this man created while sitting in a laboratory.
He might not have earned millions/billions but my title refers to non-materialistic wealth that he earned. His creation is spread across the far reaching corners of this globe and is continuing to spread further.
Every person using a computer owes him a Salute!

Rest in peace Mr. Dennis!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Hi, I popped over from Spiritual Sunday and enjoyed reading this post. I also saw that headline about him and agree with you about the salute being due. Being a baby boomer, I still have vivid memories of life before AND after computers, and definitely appreciate the hard work that went into providing us with computers, especially ones that are so easy. I also remember well the HARD TO USE ones. :)

Thanks for an interesting visit. Praying for you a blessed weekend. :)

December 24, 2011 at 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!

My web site read what he said

February 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.