Sunday, November 27, 2011

The call from Kanhayya!

How the hell did I forget to write about this! My friend reminded me that i didnt update my blog lately and then that I realized I missed a very important post.
The call from Kanhayya!
A little more than 2yrs back, I took a vow that I will visit the temple of chinni krishnayya(Temple of Guruvayoor). Giving reasons for not visiting the temple would be so stupid on my part. I didnt plan. I didn’t put sincere effort. And then, I was totally lost with work in office and life. As a part of career improvement, I planned to pursue MBA after gaining significant experience in understanding the nuances of world of business. I happened to see an advertisement by a well reputed B-school in India offering admissions in executive MBA for working professionals. I was lucky enough to meet the pre-requisites for applying to the course of my choice. With no second thought I started preparing myself for the admission procedure. Not bothering about the end result, I started dusting the preparation material that was lying in my shelves for almost 10years. Days passed out and I’ve given the best of myself in the selection process. I was again lost in my routine that I almost forgot about the announcement of results when I suddenly saw an email from the b-school confirming my admission.
It was like a dream come true. I started looking at the next steps. As a part of the curriculum, I had to physically attend the classes for a week in the B-school. This made me plan for a long leave from my regular and routine office work. I started looking for tickets to travel to that place and then it struck me. The place where I had to travel is close to the temple that I am supposed to visit. That’s it. Without any further ado, I told my wife to pack the bags to the temple. I landed in Calicut airport at 2.00PM on Oct 28th. Took a taxi, drove for 3.5hrs, had the darshan of the Lord.
What can I say?! It was an experience in itself. The idol is of Lord Sri Krishna. For a second, I felt like my admission in the B-school is nothing but a blessing of the Lord! I felt like I got it as a ‘prasadam’ from the Lord. Unfortunately, I don’t have anything significant to offer HIM. I just prayed with my closed eyes and folded hands – ‘Sarve jana sukhinobhavantu’.
By the way, I got admission for executive post graduate program in Indian Institute of Management – Kozhikode. So, congrats and good luck to me! J
One more thing, I had this temple in my Wish list. I feel so contented for going there!

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Neha Mehta said...

nice one..!!
All the best and congrats.. :)

November 28, 2011 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Juggernaut said...

Nice Hari. Going forward, don't forget such things ;)

December 5, 2011 at 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaha... how nice!!!!!!!
-Sundar B.

December 5, 2011 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Sameer Panuganti said...

Congratulations Hari. :)
All the best.

December 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Red Handed said...

Congratulations. Such moments are to be treasured foever!!

December 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Garima singh said...

congratulations hari :)

December 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger Spiderdama said...

Grats! Nothing is like good blessings.
Thanks for your very Nice comments.
Regards from Norway

December 19, 2011 at 12:52 AM  
OpenID gigihawaii said...

Congratulations, Hari! You must be an excellent student to be admitted. Good luck and best wishes!

December 19, 2011 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

I agree with your comment on my blog Spiritual Sundays. No one should be spiritual just on Sundays. We should be spiritual every day. I was interested to read your blog. I visited India in October 1999. We flew to New Delhi and then were driven to Kulpahar, Uttar Pradesh. We visited the Kulpahar Kids' Home there. One of the ladies that founded the home way back in 1947 was sponsored by our church here in Phoenix, Arizona. They raised over 800 children who had no one to take care of them. Now they are scattered all over India and living good lives. Leah died last month at the age of 93. When she went to India she and the other lady that went with her intended to stay 3 years. God had other plans for them. They both are buried in a little cemetery by the church in Kulpahar.
I am curious to know if you have ever considered the Christian religion. Actually I don't think it should be described as a religion, but as a relationship with the creator. It really is not like other religions. I hope you will think about it.
Blessings,
Charlotte

December 19, 2011 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger hari said...

Thanks everybody for such wonderful wishes! The course already started and it is pretty hectic.
@Charlotte-I study a lot about religions(or i would say, anything that explains the creator of this universe), including Islam (though my knowledge/understanding is not so great). I would love to read more about Christianity. Please forward any material you have. Thanks in advance!

December 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I came to your blog through the link you left on Charlotte's blog. As I was reading through the comments here, I noticed you asked Charlotte for information about Christianity and creation. I have been exploring the topic of creation from a Biblical view and you're welcome to stop by if you're interested. You can find my blog at http://sharonstimewithgod.blogspot.com/
For the last two weeks I have explored creation and what that means according to the Bible. The first post is from Monday, Dec. 12 and is entitled, "Only God is Creator." http://sharonstimewithgod.blogspot.com/2011/12/only-god-is-creator.html
For the next two weeks after that post you will find what the Bible says about creation and God as the Creator. Hope this helps.
Congratulations! Glad to hear you will be working on your MBA!

December 24, 2011 at 4:08 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Found you through Spiritual Sundays, also. I'm happy for your success you've shared in this post. The God of Christianity welcomes all of us to discover his love for each of us. As you hear of Christmas celebrations this year, you may want to explore the story of Christmas from the Bible. The book of Luke, chapter two is my favorite account. You are so right that spirituality is an every day thing. I am awed every day at how my God humbled himself to come live among his creation so we could know him personally.
Blessings.

December 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Koushal said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice information on MBA for Working Professionals, for more details click on MBA for Working Professionals.

April 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.