Wednesday, March 21, 2012

...this too shall pass...

I was putting a comment to 'Somebody that I used to know' and came up with this phrase "This too shall pass".  This is not my own.  I remember seeing this on the back of a car while driving to office some time back and for some reasons, this got etched on my mind. 
I put this as my FB status and here is a quick recollection of comments that I got from my friends -

Vijay:  What happened dude???
Me: Nothing rey...saw this on a car today...
Sashank:  what shall pass??
Me:  Nothing nothing...or everthing...in a way, it means that nothing is permanent...everything is bound to end some day...
Sashank: nuvvu maravuraa...nuvvu naaku assalu ardham kavu...
(meaning...you wont change...i can never understand you...)
I should tell you, Sashank is a very humourous guy and one of my best buddies :)

Jokes apart, this statement made so much sense to me.  Seriously.  Its such a small statement with so much of meaning.


The earth has been revolving and rotating since millions of years.  We are just a speck in this whole creation.  Nothing changed(except few astrological dimensions that doesnt bother our living).  The only constant things happening on this surface are birth and death and nothing else.  Every thing else seems to pass by no matter what.  Either you do it or you dont, it didn't matter much.
This also makes me recollect the title of the blog.  Nothing seems real except birth and death.  All the events/incidents are just happening.  And we are a part of them, playing our role without knowing the end result.
A lot has happened without our intervention and a lot will continue to happen in our absence.  Who are we to bother/worry about all this??? But then since human beings are totally and badly dependent on their emotions or thought process, what makes difference is being happy or sad.  That said, its important to be happy. 
Its more important to define happiness.  Its important to realize that our happiness doesnt depend on other people or emotions or things.  Its important to realize the fact that happiness lies inside ourselves.  It all depends on how well we understand and nurture it.  This makes me remember a dialogue from Kung Fu Panda.  Master Shifu meditating 'inner peace in...ner peace innn...nneeer peace...' :):):) 
Such a funny movie with such a meaningful dialogue.  Another master piece from this movie is 'there are no accidents' by Master Oogway.  Makes so much sense to me. 

PS:  The dots before and after the title is to represent the title itself :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Garima singh said...

Liked it ... really good, You talk like a Mythological Guru

from today I'll call u Guru rather than sir :D

March 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Hari Akkavajhula said...

No doubt am philosophical but...

March 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger R-A-J said...

Interesting thuoght Hari.. can see that its really inspired u.. good fr u :)

Though somehow, me hopes tht my personal pet line wud sound somethin like this - "..this too will pass... but I stood strong..like a rock."

Very nice thought, Hari

:)

March 31, 2012 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Chandrika Shubham said...

This line is from the poem written by Theodore Tilton.

Nice blog. Love to read some of the posts. :)
Best wishes. :)

April 2, 2012 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.