Friday, April 06, 2012

Celebrating a birthday!

Sometime during my 11th I remember, I met with some incidents that made me little(ok, a little more than little) philosophical.
I was going to college and found this function hall decorated so well that I thought it would be a wedding function of a MLA/MP.  I was rather surprised after knowing that it was for a birthday party.  I started to think about it.  Are birthdays really meant for celebration in the first place?  What exactly is the reason for celebrating a birthday? Or why should a birthday be celebrated at all?  A person coming to this earth.  Is it such a big deal to celebrate???  Every creature will have a birthday, including plants.  So, why should we celebrate this day?

I didn't find a real answer.  I stopped celebrating my birthday.  I thought I will celebrate after I achieve something significant.  I achieved.  I achieved enough to celebrate (I will not quote my achievements here coz this is not my performance appraisal :P).  But now, after having a fulfilling life, I somehow don't feel like celebrating.  May be am used to this.  Or may be not.
I celebrated last 2weeks in a great way.  I had a damn good vacation.  I spent all my holiday with my family.  It went on so well.  I went to my home town after a long gap of 6months.  Enjoyed food to the max.  Went on long drives.  Had a great time in Haailand.  Exciting part is my parents also took part in this.  Though my dad had hydrophobia, we encouraged him to enter into the wave pool.  Within no time, he felt comfortable with water.  My mom swam with the help of a rope.  It was fun at its peak.
One exceptional and unplanned thing that happened was the darshan of Kanchi kamakoti peetha Sankaracarya Sri Sri Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati Swamy.


Though he is no more in his physical form, his devotees could literally feel his presence.  Blessed are the ones who prepared this statue(I lose myself explaining about Swamyji.  So...will stop it here).

10Dec is my birthday.  My parents and sisters wished me.  Though I didnt celebrate in a literal sense, I had a great day.  Came to office.  Cut the cake and took my quota of bday bumps.  This is a tradition in office and nobody can escape.  All this happened as a routine.  So why am I writing all this now???
My manager just came down to my desk and gave me a gift voucher wishing me again.  It seems that it is a policy too and got delayed for some reasons.  Doesn't matter.  Am surprised with this.  And I like surprises you know!!  I stopped finding reasons to celebrate.  Now, I celebrate whenever I feel like.
Am celebrating now!! I will go to a good restaurant and have a great dinner!! :)

Bye for now!  Have a great night...sleep tight and dont let the bed bugs bite!! hahaha my childhood rhyme! :)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Garima singh said...

Again a good blog
a very nice beginning...

I liked--- " I stopped finding reasons to celebrate. Now, I celebrate whenever I feel like."

After all life is to be celebrated... there's nothing after that :)

April 6, 2012 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Spiderdama said...

I have my birthday in December too.. I never celebrate:-)
Hope you have a Happy time and thanks for your visit and comments.

April 9, 2012 at 4:40 AM  
Blogger R. Ramesh said...

thanks boss 4 those consoling words..and sorry for late reply.just returned to sharjah..am really touched..will stay connected:)

April 11, 2012 at 6:16 AM  
Anonymous Ameena said...

Gifts are great no matter how delayed they are. Especially from a manager!

April 11, 2012 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Hari Akkavajhula said...

thnx all for those nice comments! :)

April 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.