Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dapoli

Its a beach near Pune.  Around 185kms from the place I stay.
I went to this place last weekend with my team in office.  Its a team event sponsored by the company I work for.  We go out with family for such events periodically(as and when budget is allocated for such events).
We started at 7.00AM on Saturday(14th).  I arranged the snacks and water for the onward journey.  With the roads that were, it was more like a roller coaster ride for us.  By the time we reached the beach resort, it was around 3.00PM.


This is the view from my room.  I think I don't have to explain how pleasant that was.

We quickly grabbed some food, took a nap and went for the beach.  There were few 'first time' things that happened-
1.  I did not go into water(didn't even wet my feet) this time.  The sand was so fine and dry.  It was not sticky like other beaches that I saw.  The cool breeze was so relaxing that I walked along the beach experiencing the beauty of nature.



2.  The beach was least polluted. lolz :)
3.  Saw dolphins live in action.  Yes.  I did.  I woke up the next day at 6.30AM only for this.  Everyone else in the team were dozing off when I left the hotel.  I took the first boat available.  WOW! Its a wonderful experience to see the sexy birds of sea(thats what I want to call dolphins ;)) live in action.  Sorry I dont have pics coz they don't come out of water to give a pose for the lens and neither am I a wildlife photographer :).

It was a fantastic evening.  Sitting on the beach with no one to disturb...listening to the sound of waves...watching the sun hide himself behind the seas....a feeling in itself!

Our Sunday gave us a experience of fun mixed with adventure.  We hired a boat and went to a fort located on a small island in the Arabian sea.



It took around 1hour for us to walk around the circumference of the fort.  Its huge...very huge!  Some of them gave up and went back to the boat.



Wonder how many lives this canon might've taken...how many centuries this might've seen!!!

Thats me on the fort.




Now ain't that cool?!...I know it is! :)

And by the way, that is my best #24 LA Lakers - Kobe Bryant tee...am little upset that its getting worn out...time to buy another one...
And then there is the fantastic team -



On our way back, we figured out a better road and had a good drive!
Reached Pune on Sunday 11.00PM

A very eventful event!

4 Comments:

Blogger R-A-J said...

Wow Hari.. thats a nice trip... n very nicely described n very nice pics :)

I've never seen dolphins n never knew tht they exist near India.. but awesum tht u saw 'em.. me think they're very graceful creatures. :)

Nice account of ur trip, Hari :)

April 20, 2012 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger R. Ramesh said...

wow awesome post n pics yar

April 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Garima singh said...

nice pics :)...

April 25, 2012 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Aditya said...

T with scissors on it is awesome. suits you well. ;)

April 30, 2012 at 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.